Your Questions Answered
CMHRC’s archive of questions and answers has been curated especially for our community. These FAQ’s represent commonly asked questions about mood disorders, bipolar disorder, and Fear of Harm.
Click on the question to be taken to the answer.
- What does it mean when people say we need to treat mental illness the same way we treat physical illness?
Fear of Harm
(Thermoregulatory Sleep Dysregulation Disorder)
- Can you explain FOH’s second symptoms, Fear of Harm? Isn’t everyone afraid of being harmed? How is that a symptom?
- Can you explain FOH’s third symptom, temperature dysregulation? How can you tell if someone has this?
- How do I know when my child is their “normal” self versus when the behaviors are symptoms of their illness?
- Why do some kids still have trouble even after they find medication that works? My daughter is 14 and has been stable for many months and now she is suddenly spiraling now for what seems like no reason.
- Why does my child refuse to take a shower or bath, even when others might make fun of them because there is an odor?
Terms & Psychiatric Language
- Now that you explained the difference between hypomania and mania, I’m confused about what a “mixed state” is. Can you explain it?
Have an Question to Ask?
Have a question about mood disorders, bipolar disorder, and/or Fear of Harm? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
Click the button below to submit a question you have and our staff will review it and if it fits our mission, we’ll write an answer and add it to the archive.
You can also email your suggestion to us at email@example.com